[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]There’s really nothing that hasn’t been upended by the COVID-19 pandemic, including the way we think about business, the way we think about school, even the way we think about religious gatherings. But what about estate planning? Even in the midst of a pandemic, it’s important to have your will and trusts in place and to review and revise them as needed. Doing so means meeting with an estate planning lawyer… but how can you do so safely?
At Singh Law Firm, we remain fully committed to helping our clients handle any advanced estate planning needs. And we’re zealous to ensure our clients are safe and sound. In this post, we’ll describe some general guidelines for meeting with a Fremont estate planning attorney in the middle of COVID-19.
Safe Ways to Meet with Your Estate Planning Attorney
Singh Law Firm is happy to offer these options to our clients:
- Schedule a phone consultation. Many of the discussions surrounding your estate can be handled over the phone. While we’ll miss the face-to-face connection, we’re happy to serve you in this way. And if there is a need to discuss anything sensitive that you’d rather not get into over the phone, we can recommend some alternative means of communicating.
- Meet us in a video conference. If you’d like to feel like you’re sitting in a room talking to your estate planning lawyer, without breaking social distancing protocols, we’re happy to set up a Zoom or Skype conference with you.
- Take advantage of email and file-sharing. As far as reviewing and signing documents, there are plenty of secure, Web-based options. We’re happy to tell you more about the technologies we use to enable advanced estate planning.
If you end up meeting face-to-face with your Fremont estate planning attorney, we recommend you maintain the following safety guidelines, all of which can help reduce your risk of infection.
- Maintain social distancing. As much as we’d love to greet you with a friendly handshake, we’ll abstain, and help you maintain the recommended social distancing guidelines. We can also ensure an office setup that facilitates this social distancing.
- Wear a mask! No matter how or where we talk, let’s commit to wearing masks in order to keep the risk of infection down.
A few additional tips will help us make the most out of each session:
- In advance of our meeting, spend a minute thinking about any questions you have. Write them down so you don’t forget, and feel free to email them to us so we can prepare.
- If there are any particular documents you’d like to discuss, make sure you have them accessible during the meeting; ask us if we need to provide copies.
- If we’re meeting for a virtual meeting, make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong and secure, and that you have any necessary software in place. Ask us if we can help in any way.
Schedule a Meeting with Your Estate Planning Lawyer
To talk with us about anything related to estate law, or the needs of your loved ones, reach out to Singh Law Firm at your next opportunity.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]